The health and safety of the public and our employees is a fundamental principle of our business and despite having our own exhaustive health and safety procedures we decided to reinforce our systems by becoming Safe Contractor accredited.
This is a vigorous process of audits that are in place to establish that we are fully up-to-date and compliant with all current Health and Safety Executive requirements. Detailed below are some of the areas that we cover within our health and safety system:
- We maintain a safe working environment we comply fully with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- All our staff are fully trained in machine operation and associated safe practices.
- ‘Tool box’ talks are held at regular intervals.
- Every LMC vehicle carries a spills kit.
- All staff receive first aid training and carry full first aid kits
- Written Risk Assessments are completed daily.
- Written Accident Reports are completed after each event and used to prevent further incidents.
- Work procedures are continually monitored and reviewed.
- Works machinery and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are regularly maintained to the highest standards.
- Regular audits are made of staff, PPE, machinery and vehicles.
All the above allows us to operate in a safe working environment as well as providing peace of mind to our customers that we are fully and legally compliant with all H&S requirements.